Yes, the iOS 4.3 beta is now available for developers. Now If you liked what iOS 4.2 brought to the table, then we're pretty sure you'll be excited about some of the things that version 4.3 will bring. Let's take a look at them:
- You'll be able to make your iPhone a personal hotspot.
- On the multitasking side of things, there are new multitouch gestures (probably because Apple is removing the home button on the upcoming iPad and iPhone?). You will be able to pinch or swipe using 4 or 5 fingers to go back to the home screen, reveal the multitask bar, or swap between apps.
- AirPlay video streaming will now be compatible with third-party apps and not just first-party apps from Apple. This will allow you to send videos from apps and websites to an Apple TV.
- The Photos app will have AirPlay functionality for photos and videos as well.
- The side lock switch on the iPad, which became a mute option in iOS 4.2, can now also be an orientation/rotation lock.
- Expect a new FaceTime icon on the iPod touch.
- Full-screen iAd banners will be supported by the iPad.
Looking pretty good, isn't it (except for that last bit right there)? Sadly, iPhone 3G and iPod touch (2nd gen) users will be left out already.