Nokia Philippines has finally launched the Symbian^3-based Nokia N8 with guns a blazin'. The local execs said that their "fight back to smartphone leadership shifts into high gear," as they've received the "highest online preorders in Nokia history." That and the fact that they're still the number 1 phone manufacturer in the world, what with 260,000 Nokia handsets sold daily.
We don't know about the "highest online preorder" part. Guess we'll just have to trust Nokia Philippines on that. What we do know, based on what we've seen and fondled, is that the P23,699 Nokia N8 – free at Smart Gold Plan 2000 – is a pretty solid smartphone. Nice build, great aluminum body, pretty responsive 3.5-inch AMOLED display. Of course, it's a blasphemy to not mention the 12-megapixel camera (with Carl Zeiss optics) that can take 720p HD videos. It's grabbed us by the balls, a love at first sight and touch if you like. We can't wait to take this baby out and see if we really see eye to eye.
You, on the other, should check out the gallery now.
- Nokia N8 launched globally, wanted locally
- Nokia N8 benchmarking results show it's 180% faster than the N97
- Nokia X5, X6, and N8 launched at Nokia Connection 2010
- PRICE THIS PHONE: Nokia N8
- Nokia N8 starts shipping; let the Symbian^3 era begin
- Nokia N8 to be launched in the Philippines on October 15
- Nokia N8 Philippine preorder site now taking reservations